Kava Recipe Calculator
Kava Recipe (Blender Method)
Yield: 1 serving(s)
- 4 ounces of water
- 4 grams of kava powder (Recommended: Kelai, Melomelo, or Damu from Art of Kava)
- 100-micron strainer
- Ice cube tray (optional for freezing)
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- Add the Kava: In a blender, add 4 ounces of water and 4 grams of kava powder.
- Blend the Mixture: Blend on medium-high for 4 minutes, giving your blender a short break every minute or so to prevent the motor from overworking.
- Strain the Mixture: Pour the blended mixture through a 100-micron strainer, squeezing the powder until it is dry.
- Consume or Chill: You may consume your kava drink right away or chill it. It's best if consumed the same day as prepared.
- Freezing Option (Optional): If you'd like to save your kava for later, get an ice cube tray and freeze the mixture into ice cubes. Each cube will be roughly 1 ounce.
4 cubes will be one serving of kava. This will stay good and strong indefinitely. The next time you'd like kava, just pull it out of the freezer, let it melt in water, or blend it into a smoothie.