Skip to content
Classic Yum Cha Fire Cider Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh grated ginger root
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. of dried rosemary leaves
- Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of raw, local honey, or to taste
- Prepare your roots, fruits, and herbs and place them in a quart-sized glass jar.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar in the jar until all of the ingredients are covered and the vinegar reaches the jar's top.
- Use a piece of natural parchment paper under the lid to keep the vinegar from touching the metal, or a plastic lid if you have one. Shake well.
- Store in a dark, cool place for a month and remember to shake daily.
- After one month, use cheesecloth to strain out the pulp, pouring the vinegar into a clean jar. Be sure to squeeze as much of the liquidy goodness as you can from the pulp while straining.
- Next comes the honey. Add and stir until incorporated.
- Taste your cider and add more honey until you reach the desired sweetness.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.